THIS VEHICLE IS NOW SOLD.
1965 289 Shelby Cobra Slab Side CSX8164, Guardsman Blue with Tan Interior. VIN: CSX8164 (Tennessee, 1965)
· Shelby High-strength hand laid fiberglass composite. Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish.
· Original style indicator lenses and head lights
· Original style Chromed Bumperettes with Hoops
· Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass & windshield wipers.
· Period-Correct 289cid K-code high performance small block V8, delivers approximately 325HP & corresponding torque.
· Inglese 8-stack electronic fuel injection system, aluminum radiator, engine oil cooler and thermostatically-controlled fans.
· Upgraded Tremec TKO 5-speed gearbox, Shelby/Salisbury posi-trac differential [3.54:1 final gear ratio... ideal for street/highway driving].
Wheels & Tires:
· Original style spline-drive triple-chromed 72-spoke wire wheels with SS knockoffs [shod with 205/65Rx15" street rubber front & rear]
· Specially ordered full tan leather upholstery with matching carpet, full rear leather storage pocket.
· Stewart Warner blackfaced instrument gauges
· Lucas toggle switches
· Front Fender badges
· Original-correct 15" Hardwood steering wheel
· Correct AC Pedals
· Adjustable driver & passenger seats
· Indash lockable glove box
· Electric clock
· Dual seatbelts
· Heater & Defroster
Chassis, Suspension, Coachwork & Braking:
· Shelby Cobra 3" DOM frame
· Original-reproduction AC/Shelby suspension with original-correct transverse leaf springs front & rear
· Precise rack & pinion steering
· Shelby/Salisbury IRS
· Lightweight/robustly constructed handlaid and reinforced fiberglass coachwork
· Shelby/ Wilwood racing brakes
· SS (stainless steel) 14-gallon [53 litre] fuel tank
· Full soft top with side curtain windows
· Tonneau cover
· Full functional hood scoop
· Dual Raydot mirrors
· Custom car cover
· Ceramic coated headers and mufflered undercar exhaust system
· Exclusive Shelby CSX8000 sequence number.
- Shelby High-strength hand laid fiberglass composite. Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish. Original style indicator lenses and head lights Original style Bumperettes with Hoops Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass & windshield wipers. Original style 15" Wire Wheel rims with spinners. Original style pedals, catches & fittings. Original Style Stewart Warner (SW) gauges. Moto- Lita wood steering wheel original design. Adjustable Driver's seat. Carpeted interior and trunk. Original style latch and lock seat belts. Original frame configuration with round tube main rails. 120 wall thickness - 90" wheelbase. Original four wheel independent suspension with Transverse Leaf Springs. Rack and Pinion Steering. Willwood vented disc brakes with Shelby Calipers: Front-4-pot & Rear-Single-pot. Billstein custom crafted shocks. Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, dual fans and braided lines. Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat. Monza style filler with Locking gas cap. Pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank. Licensing/Registry/Owners Clubs: Exclusive Shelby CSX8000 sequence number.
- Special Interior (Leather Seats, Dash, & Map Pockets) Heater\Defroster Fresh Air Ventilation Box Detachable Steering Wheel: Detachable Glove Box Door Map Pockets Grab Handle Cobra Mats Seat Belt: Upgraded to a 6 Point Harness Oil Cooler Coolant Tank, FIA Style Oil Vapor Separator Tank Differential Oil Cooler System Non-Standard Differential Complete Exhaust System Tonneau Cover Custom Car Cover